Laser Painter is a strand Linear Fusion Rifle, which is going to be great for Strand builds focused on DPS. This is the Gambit weapon added in Season of the Deep, and today I’m going to check out the stats, the perks, the god rolls for PVE, plus how to get Laser Painter in Destiny 2.
How to get Laser Painter
To get Laser Painter you’ll need to complete Gambit matches and it’s a random drop from the end of those matches. Given this was released in Season of the Deep, that means it won’t be in Drifters focusing inventory until laters seasons. At the time of release your best bet is to play Gambit matches and you’ll get one to drop at the end as a random reward. WHile it is random, it shouldn’t take too long, it took me about 3 matches to get a drop.
Laser Painter is a Legendary Power Linear Fusion Rifle, that deals Strand damage, with a Precision Frame meaning it fires a long-range precision energy bolt. This weapon’s recoil pattern is more predictably vertical. Looking at the stats we have Impact 41, Range 34, Stability 43, Handling 23, Reload Speed 25, Airborne Effectiveness 10, Charge Time 533, and Magazine 5.
We have a couple of Origin Traits for this one:
- Gun and Run – Rapidly defeating targets with this weapon grants bonus sprint speed. Guardians, powerful combatants, and high-value targets grant this bonus quicker.
- Veist Stinger – Damaging an enemy with this weapon has a small chance to reload the magazine and increase movement speed while aiming down sights. Bows receive faster draw speed and swords receive faster charge rate while this perk is active.
Laser Painter god roll guide
For PVE Arrowhead Brake, Liquid Coils, Clown Cartridge and Vorpal Weapon would be good.
- Arrowhead Brake – Greatly controls recoil, Increases handling speed
- Liquid Coils – Increases impact damage, Slower charge time
- Clown Cartridge – Reloading this weapon randomly overfills it from reserves.
- Vorpal Weapon – Increased damage against bosses, vehicles, and Guardians with their Super active.
For PVE there are probably better choices out there than a Linear Fusion for the power slot.
Let me know in the comments what you think of Laser Painter, and let me know your top rolls.