Buzzard is back in Destiny 2 after a short hiatus, and it returns as a Nightfall weapon rather than a ritual weapon. This instantly is one of the best side arms in the game, plus we can get great rolls for both PVE and PVP content, making this one you don’t want to miss. Today I want to take a closer look at the Buzzard, check out the stats, the perks, the god rolls to chase for PVE and PVP, plus look at how to get Buzzard in Destiny 2.
How to get Buzzard
To get this one you’ll need to run nightfalls when the Buzzard is the featured reward for that week. When you defeat the boss you’ll have a chance at this weapon to drop. Nigthfall weapons aren’t that common in the hero difficulty, so I would try and run Legend of Master Nightfalls at minimum. Buzzard is available at the time of publishing this video, and then we have a 6 week rotation for nightfall weapons. I do an update every week on Tuesday, so if you want to know which Nightfall weapon is available, make sure you keep your eyes on the weekly reset video.
Buzzard is a Legendary Kinetic Sidearm with an Adaptive Frame meaning it has a well-rounded grip, reliable and sturdy. Looking at the stats we have Impact 49, Range 36, Stability 67, Handling 51, Reload Speed 30, Airborne Effectiveness 12, Rounds Per Minute 300 and Magazine 15.
For the Origin Trait we have a couple:
- Stunning Recovery – Stunning a Champion partially refills your magazine, triggers health regeneration, and improves recovery for a short duration.
- Vanguard’s Vindication – Final blows with this weapon grant a small amount of health.
Sidearms have benefitted from a 20% damage buff across the board, plus they are anti barrier this season, in season of Defiance, so they are a prety good bet.
Buzzard God Roll Guide
For PVE Corkscrew Rifling, High-Caliber Rounds, Overflow and Frenzy would be good.
- Corkscrew Rifling – Slightly increases range and stability, Slightly increases handling speed
- High-Caliber Rounds – Slightly increases range
- Overflow – Picking up Special or Heavy ammo automatically loads this weapon beyond normal capacity.
- Frenzy – Being in combat for an extended time increases damage, handling, and reload for this weapon until you are out of combat.
For PVP Full Bore, Ricochet Rounds, Perpetual Motion and Rangefinder would be good.
- Full Bore – Greatly increases range, Decreases stability, Slightly decreases handling speed
- Ricochet Rounds – Increases stability, Slightly increases range
- Perpetual Motion – This weapon gains bonus stability, handling, and reload speed while the wielder is in motion.
- Rangefinder – Aiming this weapon increases its effective range and zoom magnification. Increased projectile velocity while aiming Rocket Launchers, Grenade Launchers, and Bows.
Let me know in the comments what you think of Buzzard and let me know your top rolls.