Hierarchy of Needs is an exotic bow and a much sought after reward from the Spire of the Watcher Dungeon. We have a good few exotic bows in Destiny 2, but this could be the best of the lot, with it’s trademark guidance ring dramatically increasing DPS and ease of use. Today I’m going to look at the stats and perks, plus check out how to get Hierarchy of Needs in Destiny 2.
How to get Hierarchy of Needs
To get this one you have to beat the final boss in the dungeon Spire of the Watcher, which you can find near the Enclave on Savthun’s Throne World. This is a random drop from the final boss, although you can complete various Triumphs to give you a better chance the drop. Check out the WANTED title/seal for the triumphs, and look for the ones with the exotic engram icon. Personally, I had to do somewhere between 10-15 final boss kills to get Hierarchy of Needs to drop for me.
Here’s the triumphs to look out for when it comes to increasing your drop rate
- Mind the Vexplosion – Complete all encounters in the Spire of the Watcher dungeon without dying
- The Magnificent One – Complete all encounters in the Spire of the Watcher dungeon solo
- Untarnished Grit – Complete all encounters in the Spire of the Watcher dungeon solo without dying
- Resident Vexpert – Complete the Spire of the Watcher dungeon on Master difficulty
- Devil in the Details – Find and listen to each devilish recording throughout the Spire of the Watcher dungeon
You can also complete the dungeon on all characters each week, giving you 3 chances per week.
Hierarchy of Needs
Hierarchy of Needs is an Exotic Energy Combat Bow and comes with the perks.
- Guidance Ring – Precision hits and final blows build Guidance Ring energy. Opposing Guardians grant additional energy. At full charge, hip firing creates a Guidance Ring.
- Apollonic Tangent – Arrows fired through a Guidance Ring release seeking projectiles, which do more damage based on distance traveled.
Looking at the stats we have Impact 92, Accuracy 80, Stability 77, Handling 33, Reload Speed 30, Airborne, Effectiveness 21, Charge Time 20, and Draw Time 828.
Hierarchy of Needs is a Solar energy exotic bow, and when you fire through that Guidance Ring you get homing capabilities. Also, the guidance ring boosts weapon damage making this this weapon very useful in the DPS department.
How to get the Hierarchy of Needs Catalyst
You can also get your hands on the Hierarchy of Needs Catalyst to enhance the capabilities of the bow. Once you have the bow, all you need to do to get the catalyst is complete the Spire of the Watcher Dungeon on Master mode. Master mode can be fairly challenging given the amount of Overload Champions and Conduit Minotaurs, but it is doable if you can find a decent fireteam.
The Catalyst reduces the draw time of the bow, plus reduces reload speed for a moderate duration, meaning you can get off more shots in a shorter amount of time which equates to more damage over time.
Let me know what you think of Hierarchy of Needs and let me know how many runs it took to drop for you.