Hoarfrost-Z and Agers Scepter are a match made in heaven when it comes to Titan Stasis builds. This pairing is going to have you in control of the battlefield, slowing, freezing and shattering enemies with ease. Today I am going to show you the build, the weapons, armour and mods, plus the stasis set up, so you can put everything on ice that gets in your way.
Without further delay, let’s look at the build.
Super: Glacial Quake
Class Ability: Towering Barricade
Melee: Shiver Strike
Grenade: Glacier Grenade
Tectonic Harvest – Shattering a Stasis crystal creates a Stasis shard. This shard grants melee energy when picked up by you or your allies.
Diamond Lance – Shatter or defeat targets with Stasis abilities to create a Stasis Lance. Throw the lance to freeze targets on impact. Slam the lance to the ground to freeze targets in a small area.
- Whisper of Rime – Collecting a Stasis shard grants a small amount of overshield, which falls off after 10 seconds. Collecting additional shards adds to the overshield and refreshes the timer.
- Whisper of Shards – Shattering a Stasis crystal temporarily boosts your grenade recharge rate. Shattering additional Stasis crystals increases the duration of this benefit.
- Whisper of Chains – While you are near frozen targets or a friendly [Stasis] Stasis crystal, you take reduced damage from targets.
- Whisper of Fissures – Increases the damage and size of the burst of [Stasis] Stasis when you destroy a [Stasis] Stasis crystal or defeat a frozen target.
- Whisper of Bonds – Defeating Frozen targets grants you super energy
Exotic Armor – Hoarfrost-Z
Hoarfrost-Z is an Exotic Titan Chest Armor
Glacial Fortification – When using the Stasis subclass, your Barricade becomes a wall of Stasis crystals that slows nearby targets when created. Standing behind this barricade will grant you and your allies increased weapon reload speed, stability, and range.
You can get this one from Lost Sectors, Legend or Master when you complete them solo.
Kinetic – Agers Scepter
Ager’s Scepter is an Exotic Kinetic Trace Rifle that has some very interesting perks, and this synergizes really well with Stasis builds. Let’s check out the perks:
- Ager’s Call – Final blows with this weapon generate a slowing burst around the defeated target.
- Rega’s Refrain – Stasis final blows transfer ammo to this weapon’s magazine from reserves.
Energy – Show Price (Adept)
Shadow Price is a Legendary Energy Auto Rifle which has a Precision Frame meaning this weapon’s recoil pattern is more predictably vertical. I have a version with Swashbuckler. This weapon gains increased damage from melee kills and kills with this weapon. This is also good because it’s an arc weapon, plus it can deal with Anti Barrier Champions.
If you don’t have Shadow Price, then another energy weapon with Swashbuckler would be good. Bonus for it being able to take on Champions e.g. Scout, Pulse, Bow or Sniper this season.
Power – Chain of Command
This is a useful machine gun that comes with a selection of perks. We have Adrenaline Junkie, Demolitionist, Osmosis and Adaptive Munitions. I’m going for Adrenaline Junkie and Demolitionist, given the grenade focus of the build. Demolitionist in particular is good because kills with this weapon generate grenade energy.
- Elemental Ordnance – Defeating a combatant with a grenade spawns an elemental well that matches your subclass energy type.
- Bountiful Wells – Elemental well mods that cause you to spawn elemental wells can now stack, spawning additional wells for each additional copy of the mod you have equipped.
- Font of Might – Increase to weapon damage after picking up an elemental well
- Elemental Shards – Stasis shards count as Stasis elemental wells for you.
- Antibarrier Scout – Strong against Barrier Champions
- Overload Bow – Strong against Overload Champions
- Resilience mods (100) – 40% damage reduction
This is a really fun build and takes advantages of the Titan Stasis toolkit allowing you to control the battlefield, support your fireteam and shatter, slow and freeze enemies. This build revolves around Hoarfrost-Z and Agers Scepter, two very effective exotics and really improve the gameplay for any stasis Titan.
First of all let’s have a look at that combo. Hoarfrost is going to give us Glacial Fortification, so when using the Stasis subclass, your Barricade becomes a wall of Stasis crystals that slows nearby targets when created. This is going to create a defensive barrier, but can also be deployed as a weapon to freeze enemies in place. Ager’s Call on Agers Scepter is going to generate a slowing burst around defeated targets, so as well as all abilities and super coming from our Titan, Ager’s Scepter is going to be useful for controlling all enemies that try to attack you.
We’re also taking advantage of the rest of stasis including our classic ability with Hoarfrost-Z and our grenades. We are creating a lot of stasis shards, meaning we’re going to shatter a lot too, this is going to lead to increased grenade recharge rate and pretty much consistent overshield. Whisper of Chains is going to help us take reduced damage and Whisper of Bonds is going to make sure we get our super on a regular basis.
Last time I did a build with Hoarfrost-Z I used an aspect related to sliding, and I found that Diamond Lance is much more effective. Shatter or defeat targets with Stasis abilities to create a Stasis Lance. This was much more effective, creating weapons that could be picked up and used as an extra means of damage felt better than sliding into a stasis attack, which felt weaker. Diamond Lance, for me, is much better.
Given we have our grenades up nearly all the time, I’m using elemental ordnance to generate elemental wells, plus elemental shards, so we’re constantly picking up wells or shards, giving up font of might, which improves overall damage output by 20%.
Regarding the weapons Ager’s Scepter is in the Kinetic slot, but the other weapons are resevered for champion weapons; at the time of making this guide that was Anti Barrier Auto Rifle and Overload Machine Guns. You can mix and match the weapons you like to deal with champions in endgame content.
Let me know what you think of the build in the comments and let me know if you have any improvements.
That’s it for this Titan Stasis PVE Build with Hoarfrost-Z and Agers Scepter in Destiny 2. For more Destiny 2 content like this check out This Week In Video Games on YouTube and subscribe today.