Forgiveness is a new Trials Sidearm added into Destiny 2 as part of Season of the Haunted. This is an arc sidearm, so it’s going to be great for those arc builds next season, but sidearms have great airborne effectiveness, meaning this is going to be useful in PVP. Today I am going to check out the stats and perks, the god rolls to chase for PVP and PVE plus look at how to get Forgiveness in Destiny 2.
Forgiveness is a Legendary Energy Sidearm with an Aggressive Burst meaning it’s a hard-hitting two-burst fire. Looking at the stats we have Impact 56, Range 60, Stability 41, Handling 39, Reload Speed 24, Airborne Effectiveness 25, Rounds Per Minute 325, and Magazine 25.
Forgiveness is the first Trials sidearm we’ve had, and the first one that’s going to accept adept mods when we see the adept version of the weapon, so for sidearm users, this is a big deal. Side arms also have great airborne effectiveness stats, so if that change has impacted your PVP playstyle, then it might be worth switching to a sidearm and seeing if you have any joy. We also have the Arc 3.0 update coming very soon, so this one is going to be great for those builds. This has some tasty perks on the weapon too, so you’ll be able to find a great one for PVE and PVP.
Forgiveness God Roll Guide
For PVE Arrowhead Brake, Tactical Mag, Demolitionist, and Adrenaline Junkie would be a good roll.
- Arrowhead Brake – Greatly controls recoil, increases handling speed
- Tactical Mag – Slightly increases stability, increases reload speed, slightly increases magazine size
- Demolitionist – Kills with this weapon generate grenade energy. Activating your grenade ability reloads this weapon from reserves.
- Adrenaline Junkie – This weapon gains increased damage and handling from final blows with grenades or this weapon.
For PVP Corkscrew Rifling, Accurized Rounds, Air Assault, and Vorpal Weapon would be good.
- Corkscrew Rifling – Slightly increases range and stability, Slightly increases handling speed
- Accurized Rounds – Increases range
- Air Assault – The weapon gains increased airborne effectiveness as your health gets lower.
- Vorpal Weapon – Increased damage against bosses, vehicles, and Guardians with their Super active.
How to get Forgiveness
To get this one you have to play Trials of Osiris to earn Trials engrams from ranking up with Saint-14. Trials is only available at the weekends, from Friday at reset until Tuesday at reset, and what you’ll want to do is speak to Saint-14 in the Tower, pick up a passage, then run Trials matches. When you rank up, you’ll get a Trials engram, and then you’ll want to hand this into Rahool. He will then give you a random weapon or piece of armour, and hopefully the new Forgiveness Sidearm.
Once you have the weapon, you’ll be able to focus engrams with Saint-14 for random rolls of Forgiveness. If you don’t get the roll you are looking for the first time, then keep trying to get engrams, and you’ll get one eventually.
Let me know in the comments what you think of Forgiveness, and let me know your top rolls.
That’s it for this guide on how to get Forgiveness in Destiny 2. For more Destiny 2 content like this check out This Week In Video Games on Youtube and subscribe today.