Explosive Warlock Grenade Void 3.0 Build with Contraverse Hold in Destiny 2
Warlocks have some great builds this season, and today I am going to put together one of the most explosive grenades builds in the game for Warlocks. This combines Contraverse Hold, plus aspects and fragments of Void 3.0 plus some choice weapons to create the most explosive build possible, one that going to see you through LOADS of PVE content.
Since the Witch Queen release, Void Warlocks have been having a lot of fun when it comes to builds. This build in particular is about grenades, plus the Chaos Accelerant and Feed the Void Aspects. Chaos Accelerant is going to supercharge our Vortex Grenades making the explosions bigger and the effects last longer, then we have Feed the Void meaning we’re going to be triggering the Devour effect.
Devour is very powerful for Warlocks, plus great for the build given final blows fully restore health and grant grenade energy, plus the devour timer is increased, allowing you to keep up devour for as long as you can get kills.
Contraverse Hold Warlock Void 3.0 Build
Let’s check out the components of the build.
Subclass – Void 3.0
- Class Ability – Healing Rift
- Super – Any
- Grenade – Vortex Grenade
- Melee – Pocket Singularity
- Chaos Accelerant – Hold down the grenade button to overcharge your Vortex, Axion Bolt, Scatter, and Magnetic grenades. Magnetic grenades overcharge into Handheld Supernova.
- Feed the Void – Defeat a target with a Void ability to activate Devour. While Devour is active, final blows restore health and extend Devour.
- Expulsion – Void ability kills cause enemies to explode. Plus an Intellect bonus.
- Remnants – Your lingering grenade effects (Vortex Grenade, Void Wall, Void Spike, and Axion Bolt) have increased duration.
- Persistence – Void buffs applied to you (Invisibility, Overshield, and Devour) have increased duration.
Exotic Armour – Contraverse Hold
Contraverse Hold are Exotic Warlock Gauntlets and they come with the perk
- Chaotic Exchanger – Resist incoming damage while charging your Void grenade. Charged Void grenades return grenade energy on a hit.
- Mobility Enhancement Mod – Increased mobility.
There are a few exotics you can use for the build, although Contraverse Hold stands out. This returns grenade energy when you hit enemies with charged void grenades. Vortex grenades are going to last forever given we’re running remnants and Chaos Accelerant. Combine these things with Contrverse Hold, you’re going to be having grenades pretty much constantly.
If you wanted to switch things up with the Exotics then you can also check out Nothing Manacles and Nezarec’s Sin. The latter got me through most of the campaign and early endgame. Verity’s Brow is another one that’s very good, so it’s worth testing out a few exotic pieces of armour and seeing what works for you.
Kinetic – Submission
Submission is a Legendary Kinetic Submachine Gun with a Lightweight Frame meaning the weapon has Superb handling. Move faster with this weapon equipped. This is already a great gun, but I’ve got one with Demolitionist, Kills with this weapon generate grenade energy. Activating your grenade ability reloads this weapon from reserves. That’s going to work very well with the build, so check your vault for a kinetic weapon with Demolitionist and use it.
Energy – Null Composure
Null Composure is a Legendary Energy Fusion Rifle. It has a Rapid-Fire Frame meaning Deeper ammo reserves. Slightly faster reload when the magazine is empty.
In the 3rd slot, we can choose from Feeding Frenzy, where each rapid kill with this weapon progressively increases reload speed for a short time, and Heating Up where final blows with this weapon increase accuracy and stability while improving vertical recoil.
In the 4th slot, we have a choice of Reservoir Burst, when the battery is full your next burst deals additional damage and causes enemies to explode on death, and High-Impact Reserves where rounds at the end of the magazine deal more damage. Personally, I am enjoying Reservoir Burst and Feeding Frenzy, but it’s up to you.
Power – Razor’s Edge
Razor’s Edge is a Legendary Power Sword that deals void damage. It’s a vortex frame sword, where you can launch a heavy spin attack and heavy attacks are stronger with full energy.
For PVE Relentless Strikes and Chain Reaction would be a good roll. Relentless Strikes mean landing three light attacks grant sword ammo, then you have Chain Reaction where final blows create elemental damage explosions, and given this is a void weapon, this could be very potent this season.
- Ashes to Assets – Gain bonus Super energy on grenade kills.
- Volatile Flow – Picking up a Void elemental well grants your Void weapons Volatile rounds.
- Elemental Ordnance – Defeating a combatant with a grenade spawns an elemental well that matches your subclass energy type.
- Explosive Wellmaker – Rapidly defeating combatants with explosive damage spawns a Solar elemental well.
- Well of Tenacity – Picking up a Void elemental well reduces the damage you take from combatants for a short period of time.
- Bountiful Wells – Elemental well mods that cause you to spawn elemental wells can now stack, spawning additional wells for each additional copy of the mod you have equipped.
Void Warlocks already have a strong explosive game, even without the mods. However, Ashes to Assets is going to turn it up a notch, given that grenade kills are going to grant you super energy, which means more supers more of the time. Ideally, you’ll run Bountiful Wells in there too for even more elemental well creation. Elemental Ordnance is going to work great too, creating even more elemental wells. There is a void theme throughout the whole build, so you are not going to have any problems creating void elemental wells. Well of Tenacity is great too, as you are going to get a 50% damage reduction when you pick up a void well.
Explosive Wellmaker is going to come in handy for creating more elemental wells when you dish out explosions. Given you are going to be throwing grenades all the time, plus chain reaction on your sword, there are going to be explosions left, right and centre. Volatile Rounds is going to turn anything Void into a killing machine. I’m using Null Composure and Razor’s Edge, but you could easily swap these out for Funnelweb, Shayura’s Wrath, Red Herring… name a void weapon, you can use it here and it’s going to be great.
Let me know in the comments what you think of the Warlock Void 3.0 Build and if you have any improvements, share them with the community.
That’s it for this guide for a Warlock Void 3.0 Build in Destiny 2. For more Destiny 2 content like this check out This Week In Video Games on YouTube and subscribe today.