Bungie was back this week with their This Week At Bungie News drop, and today I’m going to round up the key info from the news. We’ve got launch issues, Iron Banner returning next week, returning Future War Cult loot plus some known issues to dive into.
This Week At Bungie was released on 13th May 2021 and Bungie said:
Season of the Splicer went live this week. Killer robots channeled their inner Mr. Burns and blotted out the Sun over the Last City. Now, Guardians are strapping on power gloves and teaming up with tech-master Eliksni to fight in the shade. It’s a tale as old as time.
We had some Honeydew errors early on, but our team of experts buckled down to commune with our servers and fix the issues so you could get back to playing. Our deepest apologies to anyone who had their gameplay delayed. Check out the Player Support Report below for the latest on any ongoing issues we are tracking.
Despite some hiccups, the Season is in full swing now! Here is a quick look at everything the new Season Pass has to offer.
HACK AND SLASH
This Season has ushered in new additions to your arsenal from Seasonal rewards, post-game Gambit, Crucible, Vanguard drops, and more. We gave you a peek at these last week, so go check them out if you want a look at what awaits you in game.
We’ve also added a series of returning Future War Cult weapons loaded up with the new rolls, as well as some class-specific Swords to slice and dice (and splice?) your way to victory. All of these weapons are available for free to all players and drop from multiple World Loot Pool sources.
IRON SHARPENS IRON
Next week, the first Iron Banner of Season of the Splicer goes live. Lord Saladin will be back at the Tower with bounties and a slew of pinnacle rewards. Find him up on the top level and make sure you grab the quest he is offering as well. We re-enabled the Heavy weapon step and, based on player feedback, have made it much easier to complete. It only requires three Machine Gun kills now to finish.
START: MAY 18 AT 10 AM PDT
END: MAY 25 AT 10 AM PDT
We showed off two new weapons as well as two Year-1 weapons that are getting random rolls for the first time in a previous TWAB. Here is another look in case you missed it!
IKORA AND MITHRAX HAVE BIG ROLES THIS SEASON, BUT THE BABY ELIKSNI HAVE STOLEN THE SHOW. WE’VE WATCHED AS THE COMMUNITY HAS EXPLODED OVER HOW CUTE THESE LIL’ CREATURES ARE. IF YOU WANT ONE OF YOUR OWN, SIGN UP FOR EMAIL UPDATES TO KNOW WHEN THE PLUSHY BABIES BECOME AVAILABLE AT BUNGIE STORE.
Know we turn it over to our Player Support Team for important updates on issues we are tracking.
This is their report.
Since Season of the Splicer launched, some players have been unable to access Destiny and experience a crash when attempting to log in. We issued a fix for this early today in Hotfix 184.108.40.206. This patch also addressed an issue that was allowing some players to access Cross Play early.
With players now able to turn their armor into universal ornaments, we’d like to clarify how and why some armor doesn’t appear unlocked in the Armor Customization area.
- Armor won’t show up if a player is wearing that armor.
- Some armor sets were purposely combined into one set to reduce players accidentally overspending their tokens for duplicate armor. Examples include:
- Gambit Prime Armors – Anyone who unlocked a Gambit Prime armor set has access to the Illicit (Basic) Gambit Prime Armor Synthesis universal ornaments.
- Leviathan Prestige Class Items – The Prestige class items from the Leviathan raid uses the same arrangement as the base version, but uses a different dye to distinguish the two, so we reduced these two items into one item for Armor Synthesis.
- Red War Parade Armors – The Legendary sets share appearances with the armor from the Red War introductory mission.
- Green and Blue Solstice Armor – The appearances of these armors are identical without support of the Glows and were reduced to a single set. The green set also matches the wrecked parade armor, so it was reduced further.
- Purple Solstice Armor – As we announced last week, glows from 2018’s and 2019’s Solstice of Heroes are being worked on and will be implemented later this year for the Legendary armors only.
- Exotic Armor – Exotic armor cannot take the appearance of alternate armor, nor can Exotic armor be converted into a Universal Ornament and used on Legendary armor.
- Year 1 Armor Ornaments – These are being worked on and will be implemented later this year.
For more information about Armor Synthesis, view our support article.
While we continue investigating various known issues, here is a list of the latest issues that were reported to us in our #Help Forum:
- The Presage activity is not rewarding pinnacles as intended.
- Deep Stone Crypt no longer awards pinnacle gear, but lists that it does.
- The Titan Guardian Games Contender Plate chest piece does not appear in the Preview and Appearance Customization screens.
- Guardian Games crown holograms may remain on player’s heads after the conclusion of the event.
- Various Guardian Games quests and bounties may remain in player’s inventories after the conclusion of the event.
- Valor, Glory, and Infamy ranks may not gain progress as expected when completing matches in their respective playlists.
- Players cannot use Wish Ender’s perk Queen’s Wrath when poisoned.
- The “/join” command is not functioning properly for players on Steam.
- The “Destination Threader” Armor Synthesis bounty incorrectly states to open Blind Well chests to progress the bounty. Players must defeat Blind Well bosses to complete the bounty.
- The Battlegrounds activity will not progress the “A Sacred Fusion” quest.
- The Special Finisher mod can be purchased multiple times from Ada-1; this is unintended, as multiple copies of the mod will have no extra effect.
- The tutorial for creating an ornament through Armor Synthesis does not play if a Titan character is the first character to reach the step. The tutorial will play upon reaching orbit on a second character.
- The Decrypted Data Trove items on ranks 2, 12, and 32 of the Season of the Splicer Season Pass can be acquired with a full inventory. Players should ensure that they have space in their inventory before claiming these ranks.
- The 150 Synthstrand that can be earned from completing the Armor Synthesis introduction is not sent to the Postmaster when players have a full Consumables inventory.
- The Reverie Dawn armor set from Season of the Chosen is not showing available shaders when previewing individual armor pieces in the Preview and Appearance Customization screens.
Let me know what you think of the news down in the comments.
That’s it for this Destiny 2 News Roundup. Chec out This Week In Video Games on YouTube for more information.