Bungie released a new trailer today for Guardian Games which is scheduled to start next Tuesday, plus revealed a whole load of new information on their website. Today we’re going to check out the trailer plus all the info, so we’re ready for the start of Guardian Games starting April 20th.
Before we check out the info, let’s have a look at the trailer!
Guardian Games is a limited-time live event in Destiny 2 which celebrates Guardians and the spirit of competition. Guardian Games begins on April 20, 2021, and ends at the weekly reset on May 9, 2021.
Guardian Games is an event for all Destiny 2 players to celebrate their favorite class as they compete against one another to see whose class reigns supreme. The winning team will have bragging rights, as well as a commemorative statue on display in the Tower for the entire year.
- While all players are invited to participate in Guardian Games, new players must first meet the following requirements:
- Escape the Cosmodrome to unlock the Tower.
- Once new players have met the above requirements, they will unlock a Milestone telling them to speak with Eva Levante in the Tower Courtyard.
Class-Based Competition – Earn Medals from completing activities and turn them in to the Tower Podium to earn points for your class’s team.
Laurels – Pick up Laurels dropped by other players during Guardian Games to purchase Bounties, Contender Cards, and rewards from Eva. Laurels will drop in all activities except for Gambit and Crucible, where they will be awarded after a match has ended.
Players must wear their Guardian Games class item to generate Laurels and progress any Guardian Game bounties.
Previous Guardian Games class items (the Cunning Rivalry Cloak, Mighty Rivalry Mark, and Sage Rivalry Bond) will not generate Laurels or progress any Guardian Games bounties.
Laurels do not drop on the ground in Gambit or Crucible, and are instead rewarded directly to players.
Unrecovered laurels do not go to a player’s Postmaster and must be picked up to count towards their total.
Players can earn medals from Triumphs, Contender Cards, and activity completions. Medals are stored in the Medal Case found in the Quest inventory. Turning completed Medals in to the Tower Podium will increase your team’s score.
If the Medal Case is full, Medals earned through claiming Triumphs will be lost.
Contender Cards – Players can purchase Contender Cards from Eva. Completing the Trials or Nightfall Contender Cards will award a Platinum Medal. Completing the Strikes, Gambit, or Crucible Contender Card will award a Gold Medal.
The three exotic Guardian Games ghost shells can be purchased with Laurels from Eva. The Color of Speed exotic Sparrow can be earned through collecting class points and completing Triumphs. The Heir Apparent exotic Machine Gun can be acquired through a Quest if players do not already own it, and the Heir Apparent catalyst has a chance to drop from banking Gold or Platinum Medals if players already own the gun.
Additionally, there is a new Legendary class item for each class, as well as two emblems and two shaders that players can earn by completing Triumphs.
Eva offers three different Guardian Games Bounties which will reward players for completing them: Weekly Bounties will reward XP, Bright Dust, Glimmer, and Laurels, Daily Bounties will reward XP, and Additional Bounties will reward XP and Bright Dust.
Tower Podium and Ceremony event
During Guardian Games, the Towers Guardian Games Podium will change daily to reflect the current status of the leading team. Class flags will update throughout the day to show which team is leading, and there will also be a calendar showing the winner for each day throughout the event.
On the Friday of each week, the Ceremony event will become live in the Tower. Points accumulated by players during the week will determine the winner of each week’s Ceremony event. Players will receive rewards and a glow that is active when in the Tower, which will remain until the next Ceremony event or until Guardian Games ends. Additionally, player’s class items will also change colors to show their current standing after the Ceremony event, being gold, silver, or bronze.
- Listed below are known issues that players should know when participating in Guardian Games.
- Several Quest items, such as the Medal Case and Contender Cards, will not be removed from player inventories after Guardian Games has ended.
- If the Medal Case is full, Medals earned through claiming Triumphs will be lost.
- Class items acquired from Zavala are awarded at 1250 Power Level instead of at 1300 Power Level, which can be acquired from Eva.
- Players will not be able to deposit Medals if they were acquired in the Tower after players have already deposited Medals of the same rarity. Players can return to Orbit and head back to the Tower to deposit those Medals.
- The Laurel acquisition step of Heir Apparent Exotic Quest only counts laurels picked up off of the ground.
- Non-masterworked Guardian Games ghosts purchased from Eva display a ‘Completed’ objective.
- For the latest information on known issues discovered after Guardian Games has gone live on April 20, 2021, players should look for our vital information thread in the #Help forum.
Let me know down in the comments what you think of Guardian Games 2021 and let me know if you’re excited for the Hier Apparent Exotic coming back.
That’s it for this