Tricksters are perfect for running in there, getting up close and personal and taking enemies out while up in their face. Today I am going to go through a Trickster build that’s great for DPS and it’s one that I’ve been using through the campaign and into the endgame. I’ll go through the skills, weapons, mods and class tree so you can put together this build nice and easy.
This is a build I have been using throughout the campaign and it’s got a duel purpose. I’m going to bolster my DPS, so I can do as much damage as possible to enemies and also I’m going to be building up my health and shields so I can run in there with the knowledge I’m not going to die immediately. This is going to give you the DPS to be able to take on the toughest bosses and captains, while maintaining health and shields so you can escape back to safety if you need to.
- Venator’s Knife (Deception) – Throw a temporal knife at an enemy. The blade will ricochet between a maximum of 5 enemies within a small radius, dealing damage and marking them. All marked targets will be inflicted by Slow and for 10 seconds the first damage dealt by you will be doubled.
- Borrowed Time (Movement) – Receive a shield and mark your location for 28 seconds. Triggering the skill again will bend spacetime and teleport you back to the marked spot.
- Twisted Rounds (Damage) – Fill your current weapon’s mag with anomaly-infused bullets that increase your Fire Power by 1,213. The skill lasts until you reload or switch weapons
Twisted Rounds are going to be the main fuel for the DPS, but we’re going to use this in conjunction with Venator’s Knife to imcrease that damage even further. Borrowed Time on the other hand is going to offer up a couple of nice abilities, it’s going to cover me in a shield so I can soak up some damage that enemies are going to be laying on me, as well as offer an escape route if I need one. When you trigger the skill it marks the location and if you trigger the skill again within 28 secs then you’ll be taken back to that location.
Next up lets check out the weapons for the build.
Amber Vault (Legendary Double Gun)
- Spawns with Killing Spree – Killing shots increases damage by 30% for this weapon for 30 seconds. Bonus deteriorates with time and stacks up to 5 kills
- Brain Eater – Critical shots do not consume ammo.
If you haven’t got this legendary, no worries, just swap it out for an automatic weapon like an assault rifle, double gun or SMG. The mod Brain Eater is important, as this one is going to help us have more ammo, which is going to help us extend the amount of time Twisted Rounds is up. Given this is a DPS build and Twisted Rounds is our main catalyst for the DPS, we want that to be available as much as possible.
Golem’s Limb (Legendary)
- Golem Rising – Killing shots grants you a protective Golem effect for 3 secs
- Bone Shrapnel – Killing shots detonate the enemies bones and turns them into shrapnel dealing damage and inflicts bleed on enemies within a 5 meter radius.
Once again, if you don’t have this shotgun swap it out for another. As a Trickster I like prefer the shotgun style of running in there, slamming into the ground inflicting slow on my enemies and then wasting them with a shotgun. Golem’s Limb is good because you get that Golem Rising mod as standard, which again is going to protect you in battle.
Next up, let’s check out the mods.
- Time-space protection: Borrowed Time: Receive X Armor and 30% Resistance bonus while the skill is active.
- Armour of Eons: Borrowed Time: Activating the skill increases your Armor by 100% for 10 seconds.
- Additional Mag: (Twisted Rounds) The skill is effective for two magazines before triggering the cooldown.
- Strong Twist: (Twisted Rounds) While the skill is active, this increases your weapon’s firepower by an extra 15 percent.
- Sharpening: (Venator’s Knife) Increases the skill’s damage
Other good mods
- Twisted Fate (+30% Critical Damage)
- Blue Blood (+10% Weapon Leech)
These mods are selected specifically to work with the skills, and first let’s have a look at the mods that work with Twisted Rounds. I’m using Additional Mag, which is almost a must if you are using Twisted Rounds as this gives you two magazines instead of one for the duration of the skill. Strong Twist increases the damage by an extra 15%. I’m using a couple of mods to enhance Borrowed Time, first Time-space Protection. You receive armour and get 30% resistance bonus while the skill is active and Armour of Eons gives you a 100% armour increase for 10s.
With this combination of mods we’re protecting ourselves before we go into battle with borrowed time and then improving the DPS of our Outrider with Twisted Rounds. I’m using Sharpening to increase the skill damage, as Venator’s Knife is useful to help you get out of a tight spot every now and again.
Finally let’s look at the class tree.
- Leap of Quietus: Activating Movement skills increases your Armor Piercing by 15% for 10 seconds. This is going to work with Borrowed Time.
- Against the Odds: When surrounded by enemies, reloading your weapons deals 11 damage and interrupts enemies’ abilities. Damage scales with Anomaly Power. Given you are going to be running in there a lot you are bound to be surrounded by enemies, which means an additional buff to damage output.
- Outrider Executioner: Activating Movement skills increases your Weapon Damage by 50% for 8 seconds. This is another one that works with Borrowed Time and improves damage even further.
- Disruptive Firepower: Activation of Deception skills increases your Weapon Damage by 50% for 8 seconds. This works with Venator’s Knife and further boosts damage.
- Scion of the Power: When your Damage skill ends, increase your Weapon Damage by 50% for 8 seconds. This one works nicely with Twisted Rounds, as when that skill ends you’ll get a buff to damage.
- Bounty Hunter: Increase your Weapon Damage against Elites by 15%.
- Oddity Summation: Increase your magazine size by 50%.
- Cold Calculation: For each enemy in Close Range, your Weapon Damage is increased by 8%.
Let me know what you think down in the comments about the build, and let me know how it could be improved.
That’s it for this Trickster build for DPS in Outriders. For more Outriders content like this check out This Week In Video Games on YouTube and subcribe today.