Chromatic Fire is a very underrated exotic armour piece for the Warlocks, which turn your kinetic weapon into something that can generate elemental explosions. Together with a combination of mods, subclass and weapons I am going to show you today how to put together a super fun Warlock PVE build that’s going to boost your damage, but also it’s a whole load of fun too.
The idea behind this build is to buff every aspect of the Warlock and create a build that dishes out explosions with all weapons, and mods to back it up so you’re going to be creating Warmind cells, as well as generating Elemental Wells, which is going to help you get your super often.
I’m going to be using an underrated exotic armour piece in the Chromatic Fire. This can be bought at Xur at the weekend or it can be found in random exotic engrams. If you don’t have it then you can grind out Nightfalls to get Exotic drops, or start your collection and buying something from Xur each week. You never know when an Exotic is going to come back in fashion as the meta shifts and changes, with Bungie switching things up as the seasons, go by.
Without further delay, let’s get into the Explosive build.
For this build I am going to be using Chromatic Fire. Let’s check out the perks:
- Crystalline Transistor – When a Light subclass is equipped, precision final blows with your Kinetic weapon create an explosion in the element of your subclass.
This is going to lean into the explosive capabilities of the build, improving our kinetic weapons and hopefully spawing Warmind Cells with the Solar splash damage. More on that later on…
Next up, lets check out the subclass.
For this build I am going to be using Attunement of Flame, which is bottom-tree Dawnblade.
- Igniting Touch — Strike an enemy with this melee ability to burn them and cause them
to explode when killed.
- Fated for the Flame — Daybreak projectiles seek targets as they travel and, upon impact, launch a streak of deadly flames.
- Everlasting Fire — Killing an enemy with Daybreak increases its duration.
- Phoenix Dive — Activate while midair to quickly descend and restore your health. When Daybreak is active, descent causes explosive damage.
You can pretty much use any subclass, as Chromatic Fire works with everything, however, I think SOlar works well as there’s plenty of explosive options to choose from that all work together in this build. Specifically here in this subclass I am going to be using Igniting Tough to cause enemies to explode when they die.
Next up, let’s have a look at the weapons.
Nightwatch (Legendary Scout Rifle) – I’m using this for range and also because I have a roll with Demolitionist, which is going to help me get my grenades back.
Ticcu’s Divination (Exotic Bow) – Hip-firing this weapons fires multiple tracking arrows and targets marked explode on death. This is a solar weapon, which is going to work nicely with the solar theme of the build. This is avaiable on the paid and free tracks of the season pass in Season of the Chosen. If you haven’t got this, then this could be swapped for Sunshot.
Code Duello (Legendary Rocket Launcher) – This is a solar rocket launcher. I have a roll with Chain Reaction on it where each final blow with the weapon creates an elemental damage explosion. If you don’t have this then another heavy solar weapon with Chain Reaction would be fine.
All 3 of the weapons here have some explosive elements on them, so you’re going to be dishing out the damage big time.
I’m using a combination of all the combat mods here, Charged with Light, Warmind Cells and Elemental Wells.
- Elemental Charge (2 Energy) – Become Charged with Light by picking up an elemental well. If the elemental well’s element type matches your subclass element, you gain 2 stacks of Charged with Light.
- Elemental Ordnance (3 Energy) – Defeating a combatant with a grenade spawns an elemental well that matches your subclass energy type. It’s best to use Use Vortex, Thermite, or Pulse Grenades to get the most use out of this mod.
- Font of Wisdom (4 Energy) – Picking up an elemental well that matches your subclass energy type grants you a temporary significant increase in your Intellect, improving the recharge rate of your Super. This gives you a +50 intellect boost for 30 secs, so this one is going to boost your super regeneration significantly. Intellect cannot go above 100.
- Argent Ordnance – While Charged with Light, readying or firing a Rocket Launcher grants it increased damage and reload speed. Damaging a combatant with a rocket consumes one stack of Charged with Light.
- Wrath of Rasputin – Solar Splash damage creates Warmind Cells
The Elemental Well mods are going to be creating wells and helping us get out super back faster, meaning you can dish out plenty of damage. The more super you have the more enemies you can kill quickly in activities like Strikes, Nightfalls and Seasonal activities. Argent Ordnance is going to boost my rocket damage, plus we’re getting elemental explostions on there from Chain Reaction.
Next let’s have a look at some gameplay examples
- Run around getting explosive kills with all your weapons
- Create Warmind Cells with the Solar splash damage
- Create Elemental Wells and get your super energy up nice and fast
- Unleash your super for more damage
- Keep creating explosions
- Repeat and have fun
If you don’t have all the elements of the build then pick what works for you. I think the most important things here are Chromatic Fire Exotic armour, Ticcu’s Divination or Sunshot in the energy weapon and then a power weapon with Chain Reaction. If you have something with demolitionist then great, if not then now worries. The mods can be mixed and matched in terms of what you have. If you don’t have the mods then you can check out Banshee-44 daily at reset, or starting from season 14 then Ada-1 will be selling armour mods. The combat mods are the key to making Destiny PVE a whole lot more fun, so I would collect as many as possible and test them out. If you need a primer on how thye work, check out my guides on the channel.
Let me know what you think of the build down there in the comments and let me know how you would make it better, or which parts have you modified for the weapons and mods you have.
That’s it for this guide on a Chromatic Fire Warlock PVE build in Destiny 2. For more Destiny 2 Beyond Light content check out the full guide and subscribe on YouTube to This Week In Video Games today.