Destiny 2 – ‘Electro-Archer’ Hunter PVE Build With Lucky Raspberry And Trinity Ghoul
Today I am going to show off an under-appreciated Hunter exotic armour piece in Lucky Raspberry. Together with the right subclass, exotic weapons and mods we’re going to turn our Hunter into an Electro Archer that will dominate in PVE. The following is a Hunter PVE Build With Lucky Raspberry And Trinity Ghoul.
Lucky Raspberry may not be as powerful as Orpheus Rig or Raiden Flux, but with the right tools, you can put together a nice little Hunter build that will work just fine in low-level PVE content like Strike, Nightfalls and Battleground to help you tear through a bunch of enemies with ease.
One of the themes running through the build is grenades. The exotic armour helps recharge grenade energy, the Elemental Well mods then help regenerate super energy faster through grenade kills and the Font of Wisdom. Using grenades are going to help rapidly charge our super, meaning we should have that Super more often – helping make our Hunter become devastating in PVE content. To top things off we’re also throwing Warmind Cells into the mix for an added extra bit of damage.
Let’s dive right into the build.
Lucky Raspberry is an Exotic Hunter Chest Armor
- Probability Matrix – Increases the chaining capabilities of Arc Bolt Grenade and has a chance to recharge it each time it deals damage. A full chain always recharges.
- Plasteel Reinforcement Mod – Increased resilience.
The main benefit here is Probability Matrix and chaining arc bolt grenades, this is going to be used to help us create Elemental Wells through Font of Wisdom.
Next up, let’s look at the subclass.
The Way of the Wind is the bottom ability tree for the Arcstrider subclass of the Hunter class.
- Disorienting Blow — Strike an enemy with this melee ability to disorient the target and nearby enemies.
- Focused Breathing — Sprinting recharges your dodge ability. Increased maximum sprint speed.
- Combat Meditation — While critically wounded, melee and grenades recharge drastically faster.
- Lightning Reflexes — You are harder to kill while dodging.
The main benefit we’re using here is Combat Meditation, which is going to help us charge our abilities faster – including grenades. This is going to work well with our Exotic Armour perk Probability Matrix to help us chain together grenade kills, and if we don’t – then help us get grenade energy back faster.
Next up, let’s look at the weapons.
For the build, I am using the Seventh Seraph Carbine, Trinity Ghoul and Subzero Salvo. The Energy and Power weapon is using Arc damage, the reason for this is because we’re using the arc subclass and this affinity is going to help with the Elemental Well Mods. Let’s have a look at them individually.
Seventh Seraph Carbine
The Seventh Seraph Carbine is a Legendary Kinetic Auto Rifle. This is a Precision Frame meaning this weapon’s recoil pattern is more predictably vertical. For PVE Auto-Loading Holster and Vorpal weapon would be a good roll. The most popular roll out there in the community at the moment is 4th times the charm and Rampage.
To get this weapon it’s a random drop from various activities like strikes, crucible and gambit as well as world activities like Patrols, Public events and engrams. This does mean there’s no 100% way to farm this weapon, you just have to have a little bit of luck. The Seventh Seraph Carbine is a popular one for PVE already given the strong rolls, but that’s doubled when you take into account Warmind Cells. As it’s a Seraph weapon this works with the Warmind Cell mods.
Trinity Ghould was introduced during Forsaken back in Season 4 of Destiny 2. The idea was good, but given it was a bow it never really felt powerful in your hands. Now, with this new catalyst, it’s gone from a bang average weapon into one of the best weapons in the game.
Let’s check out the perks on the Combat Bow.
- Split Electron – Fires an arrow that splits when released. Aiming down sights and fully drawing the bow both decrease the spread.
- Lightning Rod – Precision kills grant the next shot chain-lightning capabilities.
To get Trinity Ghoul it’s a random world drop exotic, so finding them out there in the wild, grinding nightfalls and making sure you check Xur each Friday to see if he’s selling it or not. Beware, you do need access to the Forsaken expansion to pick up this weapon.
Subzero Salvo is a Legendary Power Rocket Launcher which is a Precision Frame meaning this weapon fires a small auto-tracking missile. Missiles lock onto targets when aimed.
The curated roll comes with Demolitionist and Ambitious Assassin as well as Impact Casing and Hard Launch. For PVE Chain Reaction and Ambitious Assassin would be good. Chain Reaction is a new perk in Beyond Light where each final blow with the weapon creates an elemental damage explosion. I’m using one with Demolitionist, which helps with the grenade theme of the build.
I’m using a combination of mods here including Charged with Light, Elemental Wells and Warmind Cells. All combine together to improve damage output for our Hunter in PVE.
Elemental Charge – Become Charged with Light by picking up an elemental well. If the elemental well’s element type matches your subclass element, you gain 2 stacks of Charged with Light.
Elemental Ordnance (3 Energy) – Defeating a combatant with a grenade spawns an elemental well that matches your subclass energy type. It’s best to use Use Vortex, Thermite, or Pulse Grenades to get the most use out of this mod.
Font of Wisdom – Picking up an elemental well that matches your subclass energy type grants you a temporary significant increase in your Intellect, improving the recharge rate of your Super. This gives you a +50 intellect boost for 30 secs, so this one is going to boost your super regeneration significantly. Intellect cannot go above 100.
Argent Ordnance – While Charged with Light, readying or firing a Rocket Launcher grants it increased damage and reload speed. Damaging a combatant with a rocket consumes one stack of Charged with Light.
The Elemental Well mods can be picked up from the H.E.L.M’s War Table, and they are new in Season of the Chosen. You use one mod to create a well (here Elemental Ordnance through grenade kills) and then Font of Wisdom helps us improve Super Energy recharge rate.
Given we’re using Elemental Ordnance to get Wells from grenade kills, this works really well with Demolitionist and also our subclass perk Rising Storm. We want to have as many grenades as possible, and have it constantly recharging to help us generate wells… then we pick them up to recharge super energy.
The damage boost from rockets is because of the Charged with Light mod Argent Ordnance. Once activated Argent Ordnance promises ‘dealing damage to a powerful combatant gives you a major increase to rocket launcher damage for a short time, consuming one stack of charged with light’. When you are Charged with Light you’ll see a buff called Godslayer Warheads active, so you’ll know its time to fire off those rockets. Across the board, Argent Ordnance gives about a 20% buff to rockets, which isn’t too bad. When paired with this new 30% buff then it’s going to be very noticeable.
Finally there’s some decent Warmind Cell mods.
- Global Reach – Neutral, 1 Warmind cells you make have a larger explosion and effect enemies from farther away.
- Rage of the Warmind – Solar, 5 Additional solar damage from cells you destroy.
- Wrath of Rasputin – Solar, 1 Solar splash damage kills have a chance to create a Warmind cell.
- Burning Cells – Solar, 3 Destroying a cell causes a burst of solar energy that makes enemies burn.
Finally, lets check out some example gameplay.
- Run around getting kills with Trinity Ghoul and spreading the arc damage
- Throw some grenades and get some kills to spawn elemental wells and chain them with our armour perk Probability Matrix.
- Build up your super through Font of Wisdom
- Spawn warmind cells with the serpah carbine – destroy them for extra damage
- Unleash your super, killing everything in your path
- Get some rocket kills with the argent ordnance damage boost
- Build up more grenade energy through demolitionist weapons, throw more grenades to regen super energy faster
Let me know in the comments what you think of the build, and if you think it can be improved.
That’s it for this Hunter PVE Build With Lucky Raspberry And Trinity Ghoul. For more Destiny 2 Beyond Light content check out the full guide and subscribe on YouTube to This Week In Video Games today.