The Dawning is back, which means it’s the holidays and the latest seasonal event to come to Destiny 2. This is free-for-all players to take part and there’s a few things to chase this holiday season include a new weapon, a very nice ship and of course we have the Dawning armour sets which are always some of the best looking in the game. Today I am going to go through The Dawning 2020 Ultimate Guide Including Holiday Oven Ingredients And Recipes Plus Loot.
Eva Levante is back in the Tower, which can only mean one thing, it’s a seasonal event in Destiny 2. This time, it’s the Dawning and this one is here from 15th December 2020 until 5th January 2021. Space Grandma is back and she has her ‘holiday oven’ to share with us. Throughout the Dawning, it’s going to be our job to collect ingredients by defeating enemies and other such activities around the solar system and then combine the ingredients via the holiday oven and deliver them to various NPCs around the planets and moons.
We also have some missions, bounties and recipes to follow which is going to help us generate Dawning Spirit. There are personal and community goals to hit, and the more Dawning Spirit we generate, the better the rewards get from Eva Levante. There’s some new loot to chase with the Legendary Fusion Rifle Glacioclasm, plus a new Exotic Ship decked out in Dawning colours. The ship is customisable too with three selectable engine effects, a unique transmat effect and an aminated shader. There’s plenty on offer in the Eververse Store too with seasonal Ghost Shells and other cosmetics to help celebrate the holiday season and bring the holiday spirit to all the people of the Last City.
How The Dawning 2020 works
The objective of The Dawning is to bake cookies and treats for all the NPCs and vendors in the Destiny solar system. Eva Levante gives us a Holiday Oven and we have to collect various ingredients by either killing certain enemies or using certain weapons. We get the ingredients to drop, then combine them in our Holiday Oven with Essence of Dawning to bake a cookie. Then we deliver it and we’re done.
First of all, there’s a mini-tutorial, so head to Eva, pick up the oven and combine the ingredients to deliver a treat to Zavala. We should have all the ingredients given to us from Eva, so it should be straight forward. Once you have delivered the gift, check your inventory and you should have a package from Zavala, open this up and you’ll get a Glacioclasm Fusion Rifle. Next, we have to do the same for Amanda Holliday, then she’ll give us the new Starfarer ship – which we can upgrade later with various cosmetic items. From this point you’re on your own to go off on the main quest, where you’ll have to deliver cookies to everyone. You’ll have to look up where and how to get the ingredients and also the recipes, but I’ll go through all of that in a moment.
Let’s have a look at the ingredients we can get.
There’s a couple of types of ingredient types – you have your common and rare ingredients.
- Cabal Oil: Cabal kills (found on the EDZ)
- Chitin Powder: Hive kills (found on the Moon)
- Dark Ether Cane: Scorn kills (found on the Tangled Shore)
- Ether Cane: Fallen kills (found on the EDZ, Cosmodrome and Europa)
- Taken Butter: Taken kills (found on the Dreaming City)
- Vex Milk: Vex kills (found on the Europa and Nessus)
- Balanced Flavors: Scout Rifles, Sniper Rifles or Bows kills
- Bullet Spray: SMG, Auto Rifles or LMG kills
- Delicious Explosion: Grenades, RL or GL kills
- Electric Flavor: Arc kills
- Finishing Touch: Finishers kills
- Flash of Inspiration: Create orbs of power
- Impossible Heat: Solar kills
- Multifaceted Flavors: Multi kills
- Null Taste: Void kills
- Perfect Taste: Precision kills
- Personal Touch: Melee kills
- Pinch of Light: Collect orbs of power
- Sharp Flavor: Sword kills
- Superb Texture: Super kills
All Dawning Recipes
Once you have the ingredients you can combine these in your Holiday oven to make various cookies and other snacks for vendors and NPCs in the game.
- Amanda / Chocolate Ship Cookie: Cabal Oil + Null Taste
- Eva / Classic Butter Cookie: Taken Butter + Superb Texture
- Devrim / Gentleman Shortbread: Ether Cane + Perfect Taste
- Eris / Ascendant Oatmeal Raisin Cookie: Chitin Powder + Finishing Touch
- Crow / Bittersweet Biscotti: Dark Ether Cane + Balanced Flavors
- Zavala / Gjallerdoodle: Ether Cane + Delicious Explosion
- Spider / Dead Candy Ghost: Dark Ether Cane + Flash of Inspiration
- Drifter / Dark Chocolate Motes: Taken Butter + Null Taste
- Hawthorne / Eliksni Birdseed: Ether Cane + Personal Touch
- Ikora / Traveler Donut Hole: Cabal Oil + Flash of Inspiration
- Saint-14 / Lavender Ribbon Cookies: Vex Milk + Personal Touch
- Petra Venj /Ill Fortune Cookies: Dark Ether Cane + Impossible Heal
- Failsafe / Infinite Forest Cake: Vex Milk + Impossible Heat
- Xur / Strange Cookies: Taken Butter + Electric Flavor
- Banshee-44 / Telemetry Tapioca: Vex Milk + Bullet Spray
- Riven / Thousand Layer Cookies: Taken Butter + Delicious Explosion
- Lord Shaxx / Vanilla Blades: Cabal Oil + Sharp
New Dawning 2020 recipes
- Crow / Bittersweet Biscotti – Dark Ether Cane + Balanced Flavours
- Shaw Han / Blueberry Crumblers – Ether Cane + Bullet Spray
- Tess / Bright Dusted Snowballs – Chitin Powder + Multifaceted Flavors
- Eva Levante / Classic Butter Cookies – Taken Butter + Superb Texture
- Variks / Etheric Coldsnaps – Chitin Powder + Electric flavour
Once you have baked the goods deliver them to the NPC and make their Dawning special. Don’t forget to visit Crow! He deserves some extra cookies after last year.
How to masterwork the Holiday Oven
One of the first things you are going to want to do is masterwork the oven. This is going to reduce the overall cost of the Essence of Dawning from 15 each cookie to 10. This reduces the cost dramatically, and is going to help you over the course of the event. Essence of Dawning is the main currency we’re going to be looking out for in this event, so making it cheaper is going to be very worth your while.
How to farm for Essence of Dawning
For each cookie or treat you want to bake it’s going to take 15 Essence of Dawning. This can be acquired through pretty much any activity like Strikes, Crucible and Gambit. Let’s have a look at the amount of Essence of Dawning you get from activities around the solar system.
Sources of Essence of Dawning
- Legendary Lost Sectors 15-17
- Wrathborn Hunts 10-15
- Dungeons 9
- Crucible Matches 10-15
- Strikes 5-15
- Public Events 5
- Patrols 1
One of the easiest ways to get Essence of Dawning are from the seasonal activity Wrathborn Hunts. This week in the latest patch there’s been an upgrade to the Lure too so you can store 5 charges instead of just three. So you could combine these methods. Run some strikes to get some Essence and charge up the Lure at the same time. When you have a full charge run some Wrathborn Hunts, you should be able to knock out 100 or so in under an hour.
The most efficient way of getting the Essence of Dawning is the Legend Lost Sectors. If you’re levelled up enough to go in there then these can be completed fairly quickly, plus you can go in there with a fireteam. You won’t be getting the exotic armour drops if you go in with a team, those rewards are for solo challenges – however, this is an efficient way to farm Essence of Dawning. If you can get a team together – either from your clan or from a LFG website, then you should be able to run these legend lost sectors very quickly and stack up that essence of Dawning. For each run you’re going to be getting something like 15-18 and you can run this over and over again.
Let’s have a quick look at the rewards for the event in a little more detail.
Glacioclasm Fusion Rifle
Let’s have a quick look at the Glacioclasm, as this is a new Fusion Rifle brought into the game as part of the Dawning 2020. I’ve hear a few people calling this the new Erentil, I haven’t had a chance to test it out that much yet, but it’s a good looking weapon for sure. I’m not a huge fan of fusion rifles personally, but if it does turn out to be the new Erentil then it’s going to be worthwhile picking up.
Glacioclasm is a Legendary Energy Fusion Rifle. It’s a High-Impact Frame meaning it’s Slow-firing and has high-damage. This weapon is more accurate when stationary and aiming down sights. Looking at the stats we have Impact 95, Range 67, Stability 36, Handling 40, Reload Speed 24, Charge Time 860 and Magazine 5. The curated roll comes with High Impact Reserves and Ambitious Assassin plus Enhanced Battery and Chambered Compensator. For PVP Killing Wind and Unrelenting would be good, whereas Ambitious Assassin and Demolitionist would be good for PVE.
To get this weapon you want to get packages from vendors, open them up for a chance at this weapon. I’ve seen many people get this on their first drop, after turning in cookies to Zavala. Some are saying a guaranteed drop, but I’m not sure.
The Starfarer 7M
The Starfarer 7M is the new exotic ship you can acquire from The Dawning 2020. This has a few interesting perks on it, including the ability to generate Dawning Spirit, which is going to come in handy for those rewards from Eva Levante plus there are the Engine Effects which can be customised and there’s 5 in total to collect. To get the Starfarer just run through the opening tutorial in the main quest for Eva and Amanda Holliday will give you the ship.
That is pretty much it for The Dawning 2020. Let me know down in the comments what you think, and if you have any questions let me know!
That’s it for this guide on how the Dawning works in Season of the Hunt and Beyond Light. For more Destiny 2 Beyond Light content check out the full guide and subscribe on YouTube to This Week In Video Games today.