Stasis has changed up the sandbox a lot in Destiny 2 and we’re starting to see some very cool builds being developed with the new Aspects and Fragments system. Today I am going to show off a Light and Darkness build which we’ll be using to get our grenades back a lot, causing a whole lot of damage in PvE. The following is a Light and Darkness Titan Stasis Build with near-infinite grenades in Destiny 2.
This build is going to help us out in PVE and it’s a good demonstration of how the aspects and fragments work well together and show off the power of the stasis subclass. Bungie is really only scratching the surface with this at the moment, so I’m definitely looking forward to what more they have to come. I’m going to be using a combination of Stasis, Exotic Armour plus some weapons and mods so we can have our grenades up pretty much 100% of the time, so I’ll be able to freeze and shatter enemies left, right and centre.
This build is going to us both elements from the Light and also the Darkness. I’ll be using stasis for the main subclass for the build, however, I’m going to be pairing that up with Traveler’s Chosen, which is still one of the best sidearms in the game to this day.
Let’s have a look at the build in a little more detail.
Subclass – Titan Behemoth (Stasis)
First up we have the subclass, and I’ll be using a Titan Behemoth for this. This of course is our Stasis subclass and we’re going to have a look at some specific Aspect and Fragments.
- Glacier Grenade – A grenade that creates walls out of stasis shards to block damage and freeze targets. These walls can be shattered for damage
- Cryoclasm (Aspect) – Enables a longer and more powerful slide. Sliding into stasis crystals or frozen targets shatters them and any nearby frozen targets.
- Whisper of Shards (Fragment) – Shattering Stasis crystals temporarily boosts your grenade recharge rate. Shattering additional crystals increases the duration of this effect.
These 3 things are going to go well together as we’re going to be using our Glacier Grenade to freeze enemies in place. With Cryoclasm we’re going to be sliding into enemies and shattering them, and Whisper of Shards is going to boost our grenade recharge rate upon shattering. Next up, let’s have a look at the exotic armour that’s going to go with our stasis abilities.
Exotic Armour – Armamentarium
I am using Armamentarium, the Exotic Titan Chest Armor. This one can be picked up at Xur at the weekend or you can do one of the legend Lost Sectors to get a chest drop. Let’s have a look at the perks:
And Another Thing – Gain an additional grenade charge.
This is going to be useful for the build as we get one more grenade charge. This is going to work nicely with Whipser of Shards and us getting grenades back more often, as we’re going to be able to throw 2 in quick succession. If we can slide through these frozen enemies then that’s only going to help us get our grenades back faster.
Next up let’s have a look at the weapons for the build.
First up I am going to be using Traveler’s Chosen which is Exotic Kinetic Sidearm. Checking out the perks we have:
- Gathering Light – Final blows with this weapon grant stacks of Gathering Light. Consume stacks, granting melee, grenade, and class ability energy based on the number of stacks.
- Gift of the Traveler – Each stack of Gathering Light improves this weapon’s reload, handling, and target acquisition.
This is the element of the Light in the build, but mainly I am using it for Gathering Light, where stacks of gathering light are going to allow me to get back my grenades (and othr abilities too) much faster.
Royal Chase is a Legendary Energy Scout from Season of the Hunt and can be obtained through the Season Pass. This is good for a little bit of range, but could quite easily be swapped out for a sniper or perhaps something else with a little more range. As I am using Travler’s Chosen I wanted something with a bit of distance to it, so if I get trapped in a sticky situation, this could help me get out of there.
Finally for the weapons I am using Falling Guillotine which is a Legendary Power Sword.
- Vortex Frame – Launch a heavy spin attack. Heavy attacks are stronger with full energy. Attacks partially bypass elemental shields.
- Whirlwind Blade – Rapid sword strikes increase this weapon’s damage for a short duration. Guarding also ends the effect.
Falling Guillotine is great for when you need to go in a clean up some enemies. You can soften them up with Royal Chase and Traveler’s Chosen and then go in and finish them off with this awesome sword.
Finally, let’s have a look at the mods.
Let’s check out the mods for the build.
- Swift Charge – Become charged with light by rapidly defeating combatants with Sidearms.
- Firepower – When charged with light regain a portion of grenade energy when using your grenade, consuming one stack of charged with light. This mod stacks with other copies of this mod.
Swift Charge is great as we’re going to be not only generating abilities energy with Traveler’s Chosen, but also getting Charged with Light stacks. We’re going to be using charged with light stacks with Firepower. This is going to help us regain a portion of grenade energy, plus this mod stacks, so put as many as possible on and you’ll get more energy back and then you’ll be closer to infinite grenades. I’m using 3 stacks, but it’s possible to have 4 stacks if you have the right element roll for your exotic armour.
Let’s have a look at some gameplay.
- Get charged with light through Swift Charge
- Throw some grenades and create some stasis walls, Firepower will help you get grenades back
- Slide through and generate ability energy through Whisper of Shards
- Top up charged with light stacks and ability energy with Traveler’s Chosen
- Throw grenades, create stasis ice walls and slide to shatter enemies
- Pick off some enemies at distance with Royal Chase and control the battlefield
- Run in there and slice up some enemies with Falling Guillotine if you need some close-range damage
Let me know what you think down there in the comments and how would you improve the build?
That’s it for this Light and Darkness Titan Stasis Build with near-infinite grenades in Destiny 2. For more Destiny 2 Beyond Light content check out the full guide and subscribe on YouTube to This Week In Video Games today.