Destiny 2 – Graviton Forefit Hunter PVE build
Today I’m going to be looking at a Hunter PVE build to help you maximise invisibility and this is a useful build for endgame PVE activities – This could be useful for Grandmaster Nightfalls and raids. The following is a Graviton Forefit Hunter PVE build for Destiny 2.
Hunter’s are versatile, they can be quick and agile in PVP and if you want to be you can be sneaky in PVE. This build is going to bring a focus on the sneakiness and help you in endgame PVE content, but extending your invisibility through a combination of exotic armour and subclass. The weapons and mods are going to compliment the build, help you maximise damage when you’re enemies cannot see you.
Let’s check out the armour for the build.
Graviton Forefit is an Exotic Hunter Helmet. You can get this from Xur or it’s a random world drop exotic piece of armour.
Let’s check out the perks on this one.
- Vanishing Shadow – Increases the duration of any invisibility effects. Your melee recharges faster while you are invisible.
- Plasteel Reinforcement Mod – Increased resilience.
Then main benefit here is going to be Vanishing Shadow, although increases resilience is always nice. By combining this with the right subclass this is going to help us maintain stealth when we need it most in PVE activities.
Next up let’s check out the subclass.
For this build I am going to be using Way of the Pathfinder (Bottom-tree Nightstalker).
- Vanish in Smoke – Throw a Smoke Bomb from a distance with this melee ability. The Smoke Bomb creates a smoke cloud that makes you and nearby allies invisible.
- Lockdown – Grenade effects last twice as long, allowing for strong territorial control and increased damage potential.
- Combat Provision – Damaging enemies with grenades grants melee ability energy. Making allies invisible grants grenade energy.
- Moebius Quiver – Fire Shadowshot multiple times, in rapid succession. Shadowshot deals massive damage against tethered enemies.
There are a couple of benefits here that’s going to work well together with Graviton Forefit. Vanish in Smoke is the main perk we’re going to be using as we can throw a smoke bomb and use it to go invisible. When combined with Graviton Forefit, this is going to last twice as long, meaning extra Hunter stealth mode. Lockdown is also useful, especially if you have something like Oppressive Darkness.
Next up, let’s check out the weapons for the build.
The Supremacy Legendary Kinetic Sniper Rifle
- Rapid-Fire Frame – Deeper ammo reserves. Slightly faster reload when magazine is empty.
- Rapid Hit – Rapid precision hits temporarily increase stability and reload speed.
Eriana’s Vow Exotic Energy Hand Cannon
- Looks Can Kill – This weapon fires special [Shield-Piercing] shield-piercing ammunition. It comes with a scope. Strong against Barrier Champions.
- Death at First Glance – Bonus damage when aiming down sights on the opening shot of an attack. This bonus is preserved if the shot deals precision damage or strikes an elemental shield.
Falling Guillotine is a Legendary Power Sword
- Vortex Frame – Launch a heavy spin attack. Heavy attacks are stronger with full energy. Attacks partially bypass elemental shields.
- Whirlwind Blade – Rapid sword strikes increase this weapon’s damage for a short duration. Guarding also ends the effect.
Falling Guillotine is a mainstay of builds this season, given it’s damage output as a legendary weapon.
Finally let’s check out the mods.
- Taking Charge – Become charged with light by picking up Orbs
- Lucent Blade – While Charged with Light, dealing damage with a Sword gives you bonus Sword damage for 5 seconds, consuming one stack of Charged with Light.
- Opressive Darkness – Causing damage with a void grenade weakens enemies
- Remote Connection – Bonus Super energy on Sniper kills
Taking Charge, Lucent Blade and Oppressive Darkness are a useful combo for when you want to run in there and cause big damage with the sword. As I am using a sniper in this build remote connection is also useful as we’re going to get bonus super energy on sniper kills. When you’re looking at end game PVE content it’s always useful to have a sniper and a short range weapon. The combo of hand cannon, sniper and sword is a good one as you have good close up damage with the sword, medium range damage with the hand cannon and if you need to hide and peak on big bosses, then the sniper is going to come in handy.
That’s it for the build, let’s check out some gameplay.
- Run around and get kills with the hand cannon
- Take out some enemies at range with the sniper and build up that super energy
- Vanish in smoke and get in some sneaky stealth kills if required, using the benefits of Graviton Forefit
- Build up your grenades and use them for big damage on bosses with Oppressive Darkness
- Build up more smoke bombs and unleash more stealthy action
- Use Mobius Quiver to lock down enemies and bosses
- Rinse and repeat
Let me know what you think of the build down there in the comments. If you have any improvements, let me know.
That’s it for this Graviton Forefit Hunter PVE build. For more Destiny 2 content like this check out the Shadowkeep Guide or check out the YouTube Channel.
One thought on “Destiny 2 – Graviton Forefit Hunter PVE build”
Why waste 4 slots to just Lucent Blade when you can instead use High-Energy Fire and get even better (was it 20 %?) buff to any of your weapons?