Today I am going to be looking at a PVE combination for Warlocks that are going to help you maximise your damage in PVE by giving Stormcallers the edge and helping to extend their super. This is an arc combination that’s going to help cause major issues for all enemies across PVE activities. The following is a Geomag Stabilizers Warlock PVE build in Destiny 2.
This build is all about the Arc element and I’m going to be using weapons and mods to help extend the super as well as cause big damage through weapons, warmind cells and abilities.
First of all let’s check out the armour for the build.
Geomag Stabilizers – Exotic Warlock Leg Armor
- Close Enough – When Chaos Reach Super energy is almost full, sprinting tops it off. Damaging enemies with Chaos Reach extends its duration.
- Mobility Enhancement Mod – Increased mobility.
The key to the build if going to be Close Enough here on the Geomag Stabilizers, as we’re going to want to get that super back as quickly as we can. Sprinting is going to help us get our super energy back a little faster when we’re nearly there, but also damaging enemies with Chaos Reach is going to extend that super, which is ideal.
Next up, let’s have a look at the subclass.
For this build we’re going to be using Attunement of Control (Middle-tree Stormcaller).
- Ionic Trace – Defeating enemies have a chance to create Ionic Traces. Collecting Ionic Traces grants energy to all your abilities.
- Ball Lightning – Fire an Arc projectile that travels forward and releases a perpendicular bolt of lightning.
- Pulsewave – Being critically wounded triggers an energy wave that boosts yours and allies’ speed.
- Chaos Reach – Unleash a long-range channelled beam of concentrated Arc energy. While active, press [Super] again to deactivate Chaos Reach early and save Super energy.
There’s a couple of perks and benefits here which are going to be useful. The main one is Chaos Reach, as pairing that up with Geomag Stabilizers is going to allow us to extend that super. Ionic Traces are going to be useful too in helping us get our abilities back faster, and that is going to pair up nicely with using Traveler’s Chosen helping us have our abilities almost constantly throughout the PVE activities.
Next up, let’s have a look at the weapons for the build.
Traveler’s Chosen. This is an Exotic Kinetic Sidearm and perhaps one of the most build friendly weapons in the game full stop.
- Gathering Light – Final blows with this weapon grant stacks of Gathering Light. Consume stacks, granting melee, grenade, and class ability energy based on the number of stacks.
- Gift of the Traveler – Each stack of Gathering Light improves this weapon’s reload, handling, and target acquisition.
Ikelos Shotgun Legendary Energy Shotgun
- Rapid-Fire Frame – Fires full auto with deeper ammo reserves. Faster reload when weapon is empty.
- Trench Barrel – After a successful melee hit, this weapon gains increased damage, handling, and reload speed for a short duration—or until three shots are fired.
The Ikelos shotgun is great for close range action, but also generating Warmind Cells. You can get the update version of this shotgun from the Prophecy Dungeon, this one drops from the final chest. It’s a great shotgun, and if you can get it to roll with trench barrel then all the better.
Tempatations Hook Legendary Power Sword
- Caster Frame – Launch a heavy projectile attack. Heavy attacks are stronger with full energy. Attacks partially bypass elemental shields.
- Surrounded – This weapon gains bonus damage when three or more enemies are in close proximity.
That’s the weapons, let’s check out the mods.
- Swift Charge – Become Charged with Light by rapidly defeating combatants with Pulse Rifles, Sidearms, or Submachine Guns.
- Super Charged – Have two additional charged with light stacks
- Surprise Attack – When I am charged with light, if I reload the sidearm then I am going to get charged bullets with basically double damage.
- Burning Cells – Destroying a Warmind Cell creates a burst of Solar energy that causes enemies to burn for several seconds.
Here I am using Swift Charge to passively get charged with light through Sidearm Kills and also Supercharged to carry more stacks. The objective here is to use Surprise Attack to use those charged bullets and get double damage with the Sidearm. You could also throw Ashes to Assets on here to help you generate more super energy with grenade kills.
That’s the build, let’s check out some gameplay.
- Run around and get charged with light through sidearm kills
- Take out some enemies with the shotgun at close range
- Run in and take out some enemies with Temptation Hook – or get them from range with the caster frame
- Build up that super energy
- Unleash Chaos Reach and extend it through the Geomag Stabilizers
Let me know what you think of the build down there in the comments. If you have any improvements, let me know.