Today I am looking at a build focused around getting your super back as much as possible. Using a combination of exotic weapons and armour we’re going to be getting our super multiple times, and therefore causing the maximum amount of damage to our opponents in a very short space of time. The following is a Shards of Galanor and Traveler’s Chosen Hunter PVE build for Destiny 2.
This is a PVE build for hunters that’s going to allow us to get our super energy back very fast using a combination of mods and exotic armour. Together with Traveler’s Chosen and charged with light perks, we’re going to turn into a damage machine and cause a whole lot of pain in PVE. I’ve already covered Traveler’s Chosen a few times here, but this combination of armour, mods and subclass is one of the best yet.
First of all, let’s have a look at the exotic armour for the build.
Shards of Galanor are Exotic Hunter Gauntlets.
- Sharp Edges – Hits and kills with Blade Barrage will return Super energy after the Super ends.
- Increased mobility
Sharp Edges is one of the key ingredients to the build as this is going to help get a bunch of our super energy back as fast as possible. When you unleash blade barrage try and get as many hits and kills as possible, as the more you do the more energy is going to come back your way.
Next up, let’s have a look at the subclass.
I am going to be using The Way of a Thousand Cuts and this is the middle tree Gunslinger.
- Knife Trick – Throw a fan of flaming knives that burn targets on hit. Melee ability.
- The Burning Edge – While enemies burn, your dodge ability recharges faster.
- Playing With Fire – Destroying burning enemies recharges Knife Trick more quickly.
- Blade Barrage – Vault into the air and unleash a volley of Solar-charged explosive knives.
Blade Barrage is the key here as we’re going to be using that for big damage on enemies. As we’re going to be getting our melee energy back too, that means we’re going to have a wealth of Knives at our disposal too, which means as well as our super, when we have a little down time from that we can also throw a fan of flaming knives.
Next up, let’s check out the weapons.
First up I am going to be using Traveler’s Chosen is Exotic / Kinetic / Sidearm.
- Gathering Light – Final blows with this weapon grant stacks of Gathering Light. Consume stacks, granting melee, grenade, and class ability energy based on the number of stacks.
- Gift of the Traveler – Each stack of Gathering Light improves this weapon’s reload, handling, and target acquisition.
For the other weapons, it’s pretty much mix and match. I am using a pair of demolitionist weapons with the Ikelos SMG and Berenger’s Memory. Demolitionist weapons are going to be great for getting back our grenade energy, which is going to be useful as that’s going to combine with our mods to get back more super energy.
Talking of the mods, let’s check them out.
- Swift Charge – This is going to help me get charged with light by rapidly killing enemies with a sidearm.
- Supercharged – This allows more stacks of charged with light.
- Surprise Attack – When I am charged with light, if I reload the sidearm then I am going to get charged bullets with basically double damage.
- Energy Converter – While Charged with Light, using your grenade attack grants you Super energy, consuming all stacks of Charged with Light. The more stacks you have, the more energy you gain, up to a maximum of 50% of your Super energy.
- Ashes to assets – More super energy for grenade kills
What we want to do is build up stacks of charged with light. Given we have swift charge, then we’re going to organically get charged with light with sidearm kills. As we’re getting sidearm kills, we’re also getting stacks of gathering light, which means we’re getting more grenade energy back. Use the grenades and we’re going to be getting back Super energy via Energy Converter. That plus the already substantial amount of super energy we’re getting back from using Shards of Galanor.
That’s the build let’s have a look at some gameplay.
- Get kills with the sidearm to get charged with light stacks
- Throw grenades and get kills to boost super energy with energy converter
- Consume gathering light to get grenades back
- More grenades means more super energy, plus that with ashes to assets
- Reload the sidearm every now and again to trigger Surprise Attack
- Unleash the Blade Barrage and get back super energy
- Build up stacks of charged with light, then throw some grenades to get back your super again
- Unleash another super as fast as possible
- Repeat and enjoy!
Let me know what you think of the build down there in the comments. If you have any suggestions on how to make it better let me know. Also, if you have found some good combinations for builds with Traveler’s Chosen, share down in the comments and help everyone out.