Today I am going to be looking at a Titan PVE build combining the new Travelers Chosen exotic sidearm with some exotic armour that’s going to not only increase your damage in PVE, but also that of your teammates making you super valuable to your fireteam. The following is a Phoenix Cradle Titan PVE build for Destiny 2.
This build is a great combo not only improvements to your damage output but also this is a great build to support teammates too. The Traveler’s Chosen is one of the best exotic weapons in the game and together with our armour and subclass, we’re going to be running all over PVE experiences with our sunspots, giving our fireteam a damage boost and causing massive damage with our weapons and super too.
Let’s check out the key ingredients for the build.
Phoenix Cradle Exotic / Titan / Legs / Leg Armor
Beacons of Empowerment – Sun Warrior lasts twice as long. Allies who pass through your Sunspots are granted Sun Warrior.
The main focus of this exotic armour is Sun Warrior, and we’ll get onto what that does in a minute. Beacons of Empowerment is very good as we’re going to get Sun Warrior for twice as long as without this exotic. Also, your teammates are going to get Sun Warrior too, which is going to help increase the overall damage output for the team.
Let’s have a look at the subclass.
For this build we’re using Code of the Siegebreaker, which is bottom tree sunbreaker. Let’s have a look at the perks.
- Mortar Blast — Strike an enemy with this melee ability to release a Solar explosion, setting nearby enemies on fire.
- Sol Invictus — Solar ability kills restore your health. Grenade, melee ability and Sun Warrior kills leave a deadly Sunspot in their wake.
- Sun Warrior — Passing through a Sunspot causes your grenade and melee abilities to recharge faster and your Super to last longer. It also increases all damage you do.
- Endless Siege — Hammers create a Sunspot on impact. While standing in Sunspots, you throw hammers faster.
Sol Invictus allows us to generate sunspots with a grenade, melee and sun warrior kills. Sun Warrior is great as that’s going to help regenerate grenade and melee abilities and our supers to last longer. That’s good as if we’re getting more grenades and more melee then it’s more likely to create more sunspots. As well as recharging abilities faster, sun warrior increases your damage output. Paired with Phoenix Cradle, you also empower your teammates. The more sunspots we can create, the more we’re going improve the damage output for the whole fireteam.
Sun Warrior gives about a 20% damage increase to all weapons, plus it’s better than a well of radiance as you can move around. Pair that with giving this buff to your fireteam, then you’re going to be the MVP of any strike or nightfall team.
Let’s have a look at the weapons for the build.
First up I am going to be using Traveler’s Chosen the Exotic Kinetic Sidearm.
Gathering Light – Final blows with this weapon grant stacks of Gathering Light. Consume stacks, granting melee, grenade, and class ability energy based on the number of stacks.
Gift of the Traveler – Each stack of Gathering Light improves this weapon’s reload, handling, and target acquisition.
This is going to work nicely by helping us get our grenade and melee abilities back faster. The more grenades we can throw and melee kills we get the more sunspots we can create.
IKELOS_SR_V1.0.2 is a Legendary / Energy / Sniper Rifle.
- Rapid-Fire Frame – Deeper ammo reserves. Slightly faster reload when the magazine is empty.
- Box Breathing – Aiming this weapon for a short period without firing grants bonus range and precision damage that resets after firing or exiting zoom.
Finally I am using Falling Guillotine which is a Legendary / Power / Sword. For the perks on here we have:
- Vortex Frame – Launch a heavy spin attack. Heavy attacks are stronger with full energy. Attacks partially bypass elemental shields.
- Whirlwind Blade – Rapid sword strikes increase this weapon’s damage for a short duration. Guarding also ends the effect.
We’ve got a combination of weapons here for close, medium and long-range. Traveler’s chosen has good range stats, so we can take things out at the close and medium range. We’re going to be looking out for the Gathering Light Stacks and topping up our abilities as much as possible. The Ikelos Sniper is good for range if we need to stay back, plus we get the bonus of generating Warmind cells with it too. Finally, we have Falling Guillotine, as it’s one of the best legendary weapons for damage output in the game right now, and paired with Lucent Blade it really can’t be overlooked.
Finally, let’s check out the mods.
- Surprise Attack – While Charged with Light, reloading or readying a Sidearm will consume all stacks of Charged with Light and convert them into stacks of a major damage buff, which are depleted as you damage combatants with that Sidearm. I’m also using Swift Charge to get charged with light with Sidearm kills.
- Solar Plexus – Increases damage for all solar abilities
- Lucent Blade – While Charged with Light, dealing damage with a Sword gives you bonus Sword damage for 5 seconds, consuming one stack of Charged with Light.
- Ashes to Assets – Get super energy on grenade kills
- Powerful Friends – When you become Charged with Light, nearby allies also become Charged with Light, if they are not already. Increased Mobility +20 Mobility
Surprise attack is a no brainer, as that instantly doubles the damage output of our sidearm, turning the already great Travelers Chosen into a very deadly weapon. Lucent Blade is going to pair nicely with Falling Guillotine. Solar plexus is going to give us even more damage output from our abilities, and that’s going to pair nicely with our Sun Warrior perk, giving even more damage. As well as dishing out the Sun Warrior perk, Powerful Friends is going to give our Fireteam charged with light, so they can benefit from that. This is both increase damage build as well as a support build.
That’s the build, let’s have a look at some gameplay.
- Run around getting kills with the Travelers Chosen sidearm to build up charged with light stacks and Gathering Light
- Get some grenade, melee kills to generate sunspots
- Run through the sunspots to give yourself a damage buff
- Reload to activate charged with light and get the surprise attack buff for sidearms for double damage
- Pick off some enemies at a distance if you need to with the sniper
- Run in there and reign down damage with Falling Guillotine
- Consume the gathering light to regenerate abilities
- Create more sunspots then rinse and repeat
Let me know what you think of the build down there in the comments and if you think it could be improved, let me know.
That’s it for this Phoenix Cradle Titan PVE build for Destiny 2. For more Destiny 2 content like this check out the Shadowkeep Guide or check out the YouTube Channel.