Travelers Chosen was introduced into the game recently and this is going to change builds in Destiny 2 forever. It’s powerful on its own, but when combined with Exotic armour, it’s going to make you pretty much unstoppable in PVE and it’s useful in PVP too. The following is a guide for a Traveler’s Chosen and Heart of Inmost Light Titan PVE build for Destiny 2.
There have been some good weapons in the game to help us buff regeneration of grenades, melee and class abilities before, but Traveler’s Chosen stands head and shoulders above the rest. If you haven’t got it yet, then check out my guide for that here. It’s a fairly easy quest, just a little time-consuming. As Traveler’s Chosen is an exotic weapon, it’s not going to be sunset and if you’re into making builds in Destiny 2 then this is going to be one of the most valuable tools in your arsenal.
This build combines exotic weapons and armour for your Titan that’s going to make you super effective in PVE, as you’re going to be getting your abilities back in no time at all. Let’s check out the build in a little more detail.
For the exotic armour, I am going to be using Heart of Inmost Light. This is an Exotic / Titan / Chest Armor which you can get from Xur or a random world drop exotic engram. Let’s check out the perks.
Overflowing Light – Using an ability (grenade, melee, or Barricade) empowers the other two abilities. Empowered means abilities have faster regen, melees and grenades do more damage, and Barricades have more hit points.
Plasteel Reinforcement Mod – Increased resilience.
Pairing this up with Traveler’s Chosen is going to have great synergy as you’ll be getting your grenade, melee and class abilities back often. Put that already very powerful buff together with Overflowing Light, then this is going to help you regenerate even faster.
Next up lets have a look at the subclass.
For this build I am going to be using Code of the Devastator, which is middle tree sunbreaker.
- Throwing Hammer — Throw a hammer from a distance. After throwing it, picking up the hammer fully recharges your melee ability.
- Roaring Flames — Kills with your solar abilities increase those abilities’ damage. Stacks up to three times.
- Tireless Warrior — After hitting an enemy with your Throwing Hammer, picking up the hammer triggers your health regeneration.
- Burning Maul — Summon a flaming maul and crush enemies with the force of an earthquake
There’s a couple of elements here which are going to work well. First of all we’re going to get a throwing hammer, making you deadly from range. Using this melee ability is going to trigger overflowing light, which is going to empower all other abilities. We also ave Roaring Flames, where kills with abilities increase damage, which stacks up to three times.
Next up let’s have a look at the weapons.
First up I am going to be using Traveler’s Chosen is Exotic / Kinetic / Sidearm.
- Gathering Light – Final blows with this weapon grant stacks of Gathering Light. Consume stacks, granting melee, grenade, and class ability energy based on the number of stacks.
- Gift of the Traveler – Each stack of Gathering Light improves this weapon’s reload, handling, and target acquisition.
Gathering Light is super powerful and if you keep an eye on the stacks of gathering light down in the left hand corner, you want to try and build up 5 or so to get back your abilities. Heart of Inmost Light is going to help you regenerate these abilities fast too, so run around, throw your hammer and get that empowering buff as well as getting sidearm kills.
The other weapons are entirely up to you. I am using the Ikelos SMG with demolitionist to help get grenade energy back faster and then Falling Guillotine for that damage when I want to go in there and get rid of a boss.
I’m using a combination of mods here that are going to help increase overall damage.
Solar Plexus – Increases damage of all Solar melee abilities. Gain Super energy from performing finishers with a Solar subclass equipped.
Swift Charge – This is going to help me get charged with light by rapidly killing enemies with a sidearm.
Surprise Attack – When I am charged with light, if I reload the sidearm then I am going to get charged bullets with basically double damage. As I am using Swift Charge, I’m going to be getting charged with light automatically – so I don’t have to pick up orbs or use finishers or anything light that. This supercharges the already deadly and useful Travelers Chosen, turning it into an absolute beast of a weapon.
That’s the build, let’s check out some gameplay.
- Run around getting kills with Travelers Chosen and build up stacks of Gathering Light
- Throw a hammer and a grenade or two (with the extra damage from Solar Plexus)
- Pick up the hammer and get empowered abilities through Overflowing Light from your exotic armour
- Get charged with light through sidearm kills
- Reload to suprcharge and increase the damage output of Traveler’s Chosen through Surprise Attack
- Consume the Gathering Light to recharge those abilities
- Rinse and repeat
There’s a lot of build potential for each class here, and I am just starting off with the Titan. There’s plenty more builds to come with Traveler’s Chosen.
Let me know what you think of the build down there in the comments. If you have any suggestions on how to make it better let me know. Also, if you have found some good combinations for builds with Traveler’s Chosen, share down in the comments and help everyone out.