Destiny 2 – Felwinter’s Helm Warlock PVE build
Today I am going to be looking at a Felwinter’s Helm Warlock PVE build to turn you into a one-man lightning bomb that will allow you to run around PVE causing huge damage with not only your abilities and weapons but also Warmind Cells too. Felwinter’s Helm is devastating when paired up with the right weapons, subclass and mods so the following is a guide for a Felwinter’s Helm Warlock PVE build in Destiny 2.
There’s a couple of elements to this build but the basics are Felwinter’s Helm. As well as the benefits from our exotic armour and subclass I’m going to be spawning Warmind Cells – left, right and centre as well as regaining my grenade and melee ability nice and fast so we can rush around the map taking out all types of enemies very quickly.
Let’s have a look at the build in a little more detail.
Exotic Armour – Felwinter’s Helm
Felwinter’s Helm is an Exotic Warlock Helmet originally released in Season 10. Much like many exotics you can pick this one up from Xur if he’s selling it, or pick up his exotic engram to get something from the loot pool. You can also get this from random world exotic drops. Let’s check out the perks on this one.
Warlord’s End – Arc, Solar, and Void melee kills create a burst of energy that weakens nearby enemies. Finishers and kills against more powerful enemies increase the radius of the burst and the length of the weakening effect.
I’m going to be using Warlord’s End in conjunction with my grenade and melee abilities when paired up with our subclass, weapons and mods this is going to turn me into a walking thunderbolt with added Warmind Cells.
Let’s have a look at our subclass.
Subclass – Attunement of Control
The Attunement of Control is the middle ability tree for the Stormcaller. We’re going to be using a few of the abilities here to maximise our damage output in PVE.
- Ionic Trace – Defeating enemies have a chance to create Ionic Traces. Collecting Ionic Traces grants energy to all your abilities.
- Ball Lightning – Fire an Arc projectile that travels forward and releases a perpendicular bolt of lightning.
- Pulsewave – Being critically wounded triggers an energy wave that boosts yours and allies’ speed.
- Chaos Reach – Unleash a long-range channelled beam of concentrated Arc energy. While active, press [Super] again to deactivate Chaos Reach early and save Super energy. Replaces Stormtrance as subclass Super.
The main benefit here is Ionic Trace which gives you a boost to all abilities. This is going to allow us to have our grenade and melee up much more frequently in PVE, allowing you to dish out the big damage with both. I’m going to be using weapons and mods to both increase damage and help get our abilities back nice and fast so we can keep dishing out that pain to our enemies.
Let’s have a look at the weapons and perks.
Monte Carlo – Exotic / Kinetic / Auto Rifle
- Monte Carlo Method – Dealing damage with this weapon reduces your melee cooldown and grants a chance to fully charge your melee ability with each kill.
- Markov Chain – This weapon gains increased damage from melee kills and kills with this weapon. Melee kills grant ammo for this weapon.
Ikelos SMG – This is an aggressive frame SMG that’s going to help us spawn Warmind Cells. I have a demolitionist roll of the SMG, so it’s going to double up with Ionic Trace, getting out grenade back much faster.
Finally for the power weapon I am using Temptation’s Hook which is a Legendary Power Sword. The perks on this one are:
Caster Frame – Launch a heavy projectile attack. Heavy attacks are stronger with full energy. Attacks partially bypass elemental shields.
Surrounded – This weapon gains bonus damage when three or more enemies are in close proximity.
For the weapons, these can be mixed and matched to your preference. Monte Carlo is great because of the Monte Carlo method helping you with your melee cooldown and Markov chain is great for increasing damage with the melee. The Ikelos SMG is good as you can create Warmind Cells, but you can swap this out for any weapon that produces Warmind cells (the Seventh Seraph shotgun or Seventh Seraph SMG are good choices too). I like the Ikleos SMG because it has demolitionist, and this is going to help recharge my grenade ability quicker. I’m using temptations hook because it fits nicely with the Arc theme of the build, plus it gives me that ranged damage through the caster if needed, plus that close up damage if I want to go in there and reign down hits on a boss.
Here’s the mods I’m going to be using for this build:
- Global Reach – Warmind Cells you create affect and damage targets at a greater distance.
- Modular Lightning – Collecting a Warmind Cell creates a burst of chaining Arc energy around you.
The mods are pretty key for this build, and they are going to help turn you into a one-man demolition machine. This pairs up well with any arc weapons and subclass abilities. Volatile conduction is also good, best used when you’re in a tight spot. Global Reach and Modular Lightning are going to improve the damage capabilities of the Warmind Cells you are spawning which can only be a good thing.
Now we’ve put together the build, let’s have a look at some gameplay.
- Run around and get kills with the Ikelos SMG to spawn Warmind Cells
- Blow them up for big damage
- Get abilities energy back through Ionic Trace and Monte Carlo Kills
- Get some finishers and activate Warlord’s End with Felwinter’s Helm
- Build up your super and unleash Chaos Reach
- Keep spawning Warmind Cells and take everyone out
Run around, spawn Warmind Cells and have some fun with this build. Let me know what you think down in the comments. If you have any ideas for future builds, or you’d like to see something specific related to exotic armour, let me know and I’ll see what I can do.
That’s it for this Felwinter’s Helm Warlock PVE build in Destiny 2. For more Destiny 2 content like this check out the Shadowkeep Guide or check out the YouTube Channel.