Ubisoft E3 2019 has come and gone and they showed off a solid amount of games with a few hidden surprises.
Watchdogs Legion was their headliner of the event (despite the pre-event leaks) and Ubisoft went into depth with a good amount of gameplay. E3 has been light on gameplay this year so this was refreshing. The game looks ambitious – set in a post-Brexit London you have the ability to recruit and be any NPC in the game. Watchdogs Legion is set for release March 6th 2020.
The team behind Assassin’s Creed Odyssey announced a Breath Of The Wild inspired game called Gods & Monsters. The game is set in the world of Greek Mythology and the art style looks softer than the realistic look of Odyssey. Gods & Monsters will focus on puzzle solving, platforming and exploration. Given there won’t be an Assassin’s Creed game this year as they have pushed back their Vikings release until later in 2020, it’s great to see this confident team working on an interesting project like this. God’s & Monsters is set for release 25th February 2020 on Google Stadia, Xbox, PS4 and Nintendo Switch.
Division 2 announced the rest of their year one roadmap including three new episodes. Episode One DC Outskirts Editions is available from July 2019 and players get to explore outside Washington DC and include a new mission system called Expeditions. Episode Two Pentagon: The Last Castle is out later in 2019 and comes with a new raid in the core of a Foundry. Episode three Cony Island: Homecoming is out early 2020 and players get to go back to New York, but this time in Summer.
Rainbox Six Quarantine was announced which is a three-player tactical co-op game. It’s a new Rainbow Six game with a focused on horror/action. Quarantine is set for release early 2020.
Ubisoft unveiled their own subscription service called UPlay+. The new service will provide the PC community access to over 100+ games, DLC and other Ubisoft content for $14.99 per month. It’s available from September 3rd 2019 and will be available on Google Stadia in 2020.
Other notable announcements included:
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint showed off a new trailer and announced the beta start date of September 5th 2019.
- Roller Champions, another 3v3 multiplayer game, was announced and a demo is available between June 10 – 14
- Just Dance 2020 is coming to Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox, Google Stadia and Nintendo Wii. Huh.
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is getting Story Creator and Discovery Tour modes. Players can make their own missions including dialogue and branching pathways. This game is already huge, it’s now about to get infinitely bigger. The Discover Mode lets you explore ancient Greece.
- For Honour is getting a new event called Shadows Of The Hitokiri
Ubisoft E3 2019 had a solid show and it was good to see gameplay. Ubisoft are also celebrating E3 with up to 90% off deals, go and check them out.