Iron Banner is currently live in Destiny 2: Shadowkeep. There’s a new pursuit called ‘Scour the Rust’ which awards weapons and armour along the way. However, since this was released there’s a Scour the Rust pursuit bug which has stumped a few Guardians.
This is a walkthrough of how to get around the bug and complete the Scour the Rust pursuit to allow you to hand in those tokens to Lord Saladin and get that Iron Banner loot and mods.
Scout the Rust has you complete a number of steps for the pursuit.
- Spectacle – At any time during Season 8, complete matches, defeat 30 opponents, capture 10 zones, and land 3 Super final blows in the Iron Banner.
- Intent – Land 25 Pulse Rifle final blows in the Iron Banner. At any time during Season 8, complete 6 matches, defeat opponents, capture 20 zones.
- Timing – Land 20 Fusion Rifle final blows in the Iron Banner. At any time during Season 8, complete matches, defeat 100 opponents, capture 20 zones.
- Execution – Land 15 Submachine Gun final blows in the Iron Banner. At any time during Season 8 capture 40 zones and land 15 Super final blows to earn progress.
- Conviction – Land 10 Grenade Launcher final blows in the Iron Banner. At any time during Season 8, complete 15 matches and capture 50 zones.
- Forgeborne – Return to Lord Saladin.
Make your progress through to step 5 conviction by killing guardians with Pulse Rifles, Fusion Rifles and Submachine Guns.
At step five you’ll be asked to kill Guardians with Grenade Launchers, however, it’s actually Sub Machine Gun kills that will make progress.
Bungie tweeted out
So rather than switch to a Grenade Launcher, stick with your Submachine Gun from the last step and continue working towards those 10 final kills.
Once you’ve completed the necessary number of matches, capturing zones and kills with various weapons you’ll be awarded Iron Banner armour and weapons along the way, which should help with the power climb. Finish up the pursuit and then head back to Lord Saladin in the Tower and start handing in tokens. You’ll be awarded weapons, armour and mods.
Bungie is likely to patch this at some point in Season of Undying, so by the time you are reading this information may be out of date and you do have to in fact use Grenade Launchers to get the final 10 kills in the ‘Conviction’ step. However, at the time of writing 16th October 2019, you have to use Submachine Guns.
That’s it for this walkthrough of Iron Banner and Scour the Rust pursuit bug. Check out the rest of the Destiny 2: Shadowkeep guide. For more content like this subscribe to This Week In Video Games on YouTube today.