BBC Sounds are currently featuring video game related programmes to listen on demand.
Sometimes when I’m playing video games I don’t like to listen to the game music itself. Sometimes I listen to podcasts or music. If you’re like me then I have a recommendation for you.
BBC Sounds are currently featuring a collection of music focused on video games. One of the best programmes in the collection is an extended interview with Charlie Brooker who discusses his passion for video game music and how it’s influenced his career. From creating programmes like Games Wipe to Bandersnatch.
The collection includes:
- Charlie Brooker’s Video Games Playlist – The creator of Black Mirror shares his passion for video games as well as his favourite video game music
- The History of Video Game Music Part 2 – How to write video game music
- The Sound of Cinema: Video Game Music – Discussing the nature of video game music
- Computing Britain UK Gaming – From teens writing games in their bedrooms to billion dollar industries being created
- The C Word Game On – Meet the people who play, make money and even study e-sports
You can listen to the whole collection of programmes over on BBC Sounds.