BioWare is listening to feedback and making changes.
Anthem is getting some updates to the loot system having listened to community feedback.
Ben Irving updated the community via Reddit yesterday detailing some feedback including many inscriptions are not useful to the item they are attached to and players need to get many masterworks of the same item to find a “good one”. Also players want the frequency of masterwork drops to increase to help with the above they want us to change how masterwork inscriptions work so that they are more “useful”.
In a response to the above Ben Irving outlined some upcoming changes due to go live in the next few days:
- Inscriptions are now better for the items they are on
- This applies to new items earned in Anthem (not existing ones in your Vault)
- If an inscription applies only to the item it is on (gear icon), it will be useful to that item. Otherwise the inscription will provide a Javelin wide benefit
- For example, an Assault Rifle will not have an item specific +pistol damage inscription. It may have a +electric damage suit wide inscription (cool for a lightning build)
- Removed uncommon (white) and common (green) items from level 30 drop tables – This was a highly requested change and we agree, so that’s that.
- We have reduced the crafting materials needed to craft a masterwork from 25 masterwork embers to 15 masterwork embers
- As you salvage or harvest, you should be able to craft more masterwork items to get the inscriptions you are looking for
- Now that inscriptions are more relevant to their item, this should yield better results for players
It’s great to see BioWare listening and responding to feedback quickly. Anthem had a lukewarm reception upon initial release so hopefully by listening and responding quickly they can improve the player experience for Anthem.
You can read our Anthem first impressions here.